What is R Park?
A Park for the People
As Teton County’s first nonprofit-run park, R Park is our community’s values in action. Open to all, what once was a gravel pit is now a place where kids can learn to fish, identify birds, or scramble along Mama Mimi’s outstretched legs. We host several events there each year, as do other community organizations, giving everyone a reason to love R Park. Thanks to a prime location along the community pathway and START bus line, R Park provides accessible connection to nature in the heart of the valley.
R Park is your space to enjoy, and is free and open to the public.
In order to best accommodate our visitors, and to keep the park clean, fun, and family-friendly, please follow the following rules.
- Park your bike at entrances.
- Park cars in designated spaces only.
- Use hand propelled watercraft.
- Swim at your own risk.
- Walk your dogs on leash using the marked perimeter trails only.
Respect the Ecosystem:
- Scoop your poop.
- Respect wildlife and enjoy from a distance.
- Fish only if you are under 16 years old.
- Practice catch and release and use artificial bait.
- Leave No Trace. Don’t pick or remove vegetation.
Using the Space:
- Reserve and secure permits for group use.
- Don’t use amplified sound.
- Respect closures.
- Don’t start fires.
- Avoid glass containers.
- No smoking.
- No use or carrying of weapons, firearms or fireworks.No commercial activity.
- No camping.
Support R Park, Join WYLD
Enjoy spending time at R Park? Become a WYLD member! Your generosity will ensure ongoing maintenance and programming at the park.