Location: Jackson, Wyoming
Supervisor: Director of Conservation
Work Schedule: Full time
Salary: Dependent on experience
Mission: To protect and steward the treasured landscapes of Northwest Wyoming.
Position Description: The Jackson Hole Land Trust has an opening for a salaried position as a Conservation Project Manager. This role assists the Director of Conservation primarily in the administration of the Land Protection Program and will assist with stewardship, fundraising and communications, as needed.
Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate must have exceptional interpersonal and strong written communication skills. They have experience grant writing, managing grant awards and with land transactions. The successful candidate has a passion for conservation in northwest Wyoming and will thrive in building relationships with landowners and land conservation funding partners. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment working closely with the Director of Conservation and the JHLT team.
- Provide recommendations to, and provide support for, the Director of Conservation regarding conservation easement planning, potential new projects and available funding
- Assist Director of Conservation and Staff Biologist with regional conservation planning process and priority project identification
- Negotiate with landowners for conservation easement acquisition and help determine most beneficial deal structure
- Present conservation easement proposals and budgets to the Director of Conservation and committee of the Board of Directors; track board approvals of land protection projects in accordance with JHLT policies and bylaws
- Identify, submit and manage grant proposals for conservation easement funding
- Conduct due diligence for transactions and close conservation easement transactions
- Draft or proofread conservation easement documents and contracts in coordination with Director of Conservation, Stewardship Manager and legal
- Accompany Stewardship Staff on annual conservation easement monitoring visits, as needed
- Create electronic and physical land protection project files according to JHLT recordkeeping policies
- Respond to general inquiries from conservation buyers, realtors, members of the public and other land trusts
- Continue to implement new project management and tracking technology and train new protection/stewardship staff on such platforms; Serve as in-house Salesforce administrator
- Promote JHLT within northwest Wyoming and represent JHLT Protection Conservation Program at regional meetings and conferences with funding partners and stakeholders and donors at fundraising events
- Provide Development and Communications department with information on and maps of conservation projects for solicitations, grant proposals and other materials
Necessary Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to think ahead, propose innovative ideas, problem solve and quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to perform within deadlines, identify priorities and self-manage work load
- Demonstrated experience and high proficiency in complex project management: from development through completion
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience in a real estate or transactional setting in Northwest Wyoming or similar geography/culture
- Successful grant writing and/or proven experience building and managing partnerships
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with the following: Microsoft Office, ArcGIS, Salesforce
Please Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Position open as long as it is listed on Jackson Hole Land Trust website.