The Jackson Hole Land Trust is seeking to fill the position of Communications and Outreach Manager. Job description is linked below.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Communications and Outreach Manager
Location: Jackson, WY
Supervisor: Director of Advancement & Engagement
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Dependent on experience
Mission: To protect and steward the treasured landscapes of Northwest Wyoming.
The Jackson Hole Land Trust has an immediate opening for a salaried position as the Communications and Outreach Manager. The ideal candidate will play an important role in developing, implementing and managing strategic marketing and outreach activities for the Jackson Hole Land Trust. This position will be responsible for creating and following a strategic communications plan that increases community awareness and support for the JHLT, captures and messages the regional and community priorities reflected in the mission and vision, and continues to build relevance and relationships for the organization.
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication and outreach skills and experience in developing and executing strategies that inform a broad range of community audiences, support meaningful engagement and result in successful program support and participation. The candidate will have strong interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills; experience in leading innovative educational and outreach programs; exceptional leadership in partnership development and team work; solid understanding of and experience with online and social media use for effective outreach; and proven track record of facilitating successful outreach campaigns and events.
- Develop and implement an integrated, organization‐wide strategic communications plan.
- Create a communications strategy that enables the JHLT to enhance meaningful relationships with targeted external audiences, including the media, public officials, community leaders, key influencers and donors.
- Draft original social media posts and review communications materials and social media posts generated by other staff members.
- Maintain and grow the JHLT’s social media accounts.
- Maintain and update organization’s website.
- Develop content for and coordinate materials, design and delivery of annual reports, newsletters, appeals, and other publications, including electronic communications.
- Oversee the planning and execution of community engagement and outreach events including program and content development; business and partner participation; collateral development; and logistics.
- Build relationships and partnerships with community partners to support community engagement and ongoing organizational momentum.
- Oversee all press activities and program announcements by drafting content and coordinating with key departments and partners on press release development.
- Develop and maintain a robust network and contact database of community members and stakeholders for outreach initiatives.
Necessary Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, non-profit management or related field such as communications, public relations or marketing.
- Ability to think ahead, propose new ideas, take active steps in addressing challenges, and implementing new strategies/approaches to adapt to new/changing priorities.
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in developing effective community engagement campaigns supporting a variety of methodologies (direct interpersonal outreach, print collateral & promotional communications, online communications via website, e-mail, social etc.).
- Excellent creative verbal, writing, storytelling, and content creation skills; proven track record of writing persuasive and informational content to appeal to broad audiences.
- Ability to lead social media campaigns and manage content generation.
- Proven ability to manage relationships with private and public partners.
- Proven track record and high proficiency in project management across various stages of project development and implementation (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring and completion).
- Excellent media relations skills and/or strong knowledge of the local media landscape.
- Extremely detailed oriented and able to perform within project deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with the following or similar software: Microsoft Office, WordPress, Mail Chimp, and Constant Contact.
Additional Skills & Tools:
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- 5+ years of professional experience working in a non-profit communications or public relations role
- Strong ties to the local Jackson community